Bloggy Rewind: 2013 Fall Break Disney Trip – Day One

I woke up Sunday morning after a great night’s rest. Unfortunately, as soon as my eyes were open, Jason was looking over me asking me to look at his eye. His eye was so red and swollen that I knew immediately he had a serious eye infection. It was still really early in the morning to call anyone, so we went ahead and got ready for our day. Jason was miserable, but he didn’t let it slow him down. Jason called the concierge service (whom we had already made friends with the day before) and they came out to our campsite to take a look at our van. While Jason talked with the guy about our van, I called the concierge to find out how we could get Jason to an eye doctor by going offsite without a vehicle. The people working for Disney were awesome and told us that we could have a prescription phoned in to a local pharmacy and that they would drive it over to your resort for you to pick up. This was awesome news, so I sent a message to my friend (who happens to be our eye doctor) letting her know the situation. Jason came back with the mechanic after driving our van around and said that everything looked great and checked out fine. With everything looking up, we caught our bus and made our way to Hollywood Studios. While on the bus, I talked with my friend and gave her all the information to call in some drops for Jason’s eye. We arrived at Hollywood Studios and began our first day at the parks! We had gotten a later start in our day than we had hoped, so we knew we were up against the clock with regards to our lunch reservations. We saw Muppets 3D Vision and also rode The Great Movie Ride before Jason checked us in for our lunch reservation at Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano. While Jason was checking us in, I noticed the line to see Mater and Lightning McQueen was super short, so we took advantage of that and got a quick picture. We had eaten at Mama Melrose’s the year before and loved it, so we decided to give it another go. It was once again just fabulous!


After our lunch, we stopped by one of the stores and picked up an autograph book and pen for each of the kids. We did not get autographs the year before, but wanted to make sure we did on this trip. We headed over to the Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show and got a good seat before the show began. I had remembered seeing this show when I was younger and we had missed it on our last trip. I was determined to see it on this trip. Everyone enjoyed it and it was worth the wait. Afterwards, we headed over to Star Tours – The Adventure Continues and had a fun time (they had made some changes and it was much better in my opinion). Our timing was working out perfectly, so we headed over to the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! and enjoyed another great show!

After seeing the Indiana Jones show, Jason received a call that his eye drops had been delivered from the pharmacy and that they were waiting for him at the front desk of the campgrounds. He headed back to Fort Wilderness and I took the kids to see Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage. It was a welcomed reprieve from the heat and of course, the show was fantastic! When the show was over, Jason was still not back from the campground, so I took the kids to The Magic of Disney Animation. It was nice and air conditioned and we found several characters. The kids had fun getting autographs and pictures from Ralph and Vanellope from Wreck it Ralph, Minnie Mouse, Mr. Incredible and Frozone. Jason caught back up with us as we were finishing up getting our autographs.





We made our way to Toy Story Midway Mania! and waited in line for a little while. It was worth it in the end and we all had a blast. I had the highest score for our little family, too! After Toy Story, we made our way to the other end of the park. Along the way, we found Mike Wazowski and Sully from Monsters University. The line was pretty long, but we waited our turn and got a quick picture.


Earlier in the day, Jason had gotten us fast pass tickets to Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster, so we made our way over for our allotted time. Jason and Abby Kate rode first and then I rode with Joshua when they came back. Jackson couldn’t ride this time, but can’t wait for his turn on this awesome ride. We were excited that Abby Kate decided to ride this year and of course, she loved it! The boys and Jason rode The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror while Abby Kate and I waited. One day, I will ride it again (at least, that’s what I keep telling myself). We grabbed a quick bite of dinner at The Sunset Ranch Market and then made our way to see Fantasmic! It was a great way to end our crazy and eventful day! Fortunately, Jason’s eye was healing quickly and he was feeling much better. We headed back to our campsite and settled down for a great night of sleep! We were exhausted!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s